Archimate 2.1 for IBM Rational System Architect
Corso’s ArchiMate® 2.1 plugin provides a common notation (visual language) to describe enterprise architectures within IBM Rational® System Architect. It enables you to:
- Improve communication across the enterprise
- Reduce complexity in changing models
- Support TOGAF®
Enterprise architects must be able to describe, visualize and communicate architectures in a clear and concise way to provide all stakeholders with a shared understanding of the organization, ensuring it remains agile and competitive.
ArchiMate plugin for Rational System Architect
ArchiMate® 2.1 helps organizations communicate business processes, organizational structures, information flows, IT systems and technical infrastructure in a way that is more easily understood. This helps stakeholders understand the consequences of any decisions or changes within and between the different business features.
Corso's ArchiMate® 2.1 tool includes enhanced framework support with a layered view and a simplified toolbar which significantly improves ease of use. The plugin also enhances business process modelling support, while Microsoft Excel templates automate the generation of Roadmaps.
The ArchiMate® plugin supports The Open Group ArchiMate Model Exchange File Format, making it simple to exchange ArchiMate models between different tools. Corso is involved in the development of this specification within the Open Group.
Additional plugins for archimate 2.1
Corso’s Roadmapping plugin gives enterprise architects the ability to generate roadmap diagrams easily within IBM Rational® System Architect. It enables you to:
- Visualize transitions from current to desired future-state architectures
- Communicate roadmaps in a standard and repeatable manner with business and IT stakeholders
- Make decisions based on real-time analytics of current and future architectures
- Supports TOGAF® 9 and ArchiMate® 2.1
Enterprise architects need to create accurate blueprints of the organization to communicate how its architecture will change over time to meet the business strategy, and what actions are necessary to achieve it.
Corso’s Method Wizard™ plugin accelerates the creation of enterprise architecture diagrams in IBM Rational® System Architect. It enables you to:
- Enables both non-technical and technical users to directly impact their enterprise architecture initiative
- Create architecture diagrams up to 30 times faster*!
- Simplify model creation through an easy-to-use interface
- Support ArchiMate®, TOGAF®, DODAF and ‘Roll-Your-Own’ metamodels
- As with other EA tools, IBM Rational® System Architect will present complex meta-models and frameworks to the user in their entirety as default, which means consistent frameworks and models can be difficult to achieve.
*dependant on user ability and system performance
Certified by IBM
The only ArchiMate® solution certified as ‘Ready for Rational’ - use it with IBM Rational® System Architect.
Certified by The Open Group
Corso’s ArchiMate® plugin has been certified by The Open Group as meeting the mandatory requirements for ArchiMate® 2 conformance.